TXV Bulb Placement
- Mount the bulb on the suction line. Flapping in the breeze is no good.
- Mount TIGHTLY it with a proper metallic strap (usually copper or brass). Not zip ties, not tape.
- Position it on a flat, clean, smooth, portion of horizontal suction line. Not on a coupling or an elbow.
- Mount it before the equalizer tube (closer to the evaporator than the EQ tube)
- When possible mount it at 8 or 4 o’clock on the suction line (or according to manufacturers specs) . This becomes more important the larger the suction line.
- When possible, insulate the bulb so that it is not influenced by ambient air temperature.
Finally… be gentle with the bulb and tube. They break easily.
You can read a more detailed description HERE