Event Starts: 03/19/2021 Friday 12:20 pm
Prevention of Disease and Injury From Waterborne Pathogens in Health Care
The Legionella Conference is an annual professional event that brings together industry stakeholders to discuss issues and challenges related to building water systems.
Without a comprehensive water management plan, any type of building provides an opportunity for harmful pathogens to form and flourish. This event was formed as a way to bring together experts to work toward practical solutions.
Each year, a conference theme allows industry leaders to focus their efforts on specific global issues.
See the conference archive page to learn more about previous Legionella Conference agendas and to see photos from past events.
Topics covered will include:
- Preventing health care-associated waterborne disease outbreaks
- Infection prevention in sterile processing
- Sampling strategies
- Lessons learned from conducting outbreak investigations (surveillance, reporting and response)
- Reducing energy and water demand
- Design, commissioning, construction and renovations
- Regulatory frameworks for managing waterborne disease risks in building water systems
- State and local inspection of water systems
- Updates on federal, state and local legislation and regulations
Subject matter covered will be relevant to professionals working in:
- Facilities management
- Public health
- Infection control and prevention
- Hand hygiene
- Health care facility design and construction
- Environmental health and safety
- Water treatment
- And more